Sunday, April 27, 2014

Doughnut Dash

This morning I made my way down to Greenlake for the 5th Annual Top Pot Doughnut Dash 5k! The weather had been incredibly temperamental lately so everyone was dressed like a bunch of crazy people who did not look like they were all supposed to be in the same place.

 I, for one, was wearing my all-time favorite workout shorts from Lululemon (yes, I know they say they're for yoga but I love running, rowing, lifting, tumbling and dancing in them, too), partnered with an over-sized rain jacket from The North Face. There were others in long tights and tank tops, and everything in between.

Boogie Short
My latest pair of my favorite workout shorts

Standing in the corrals waiting for the starting gun to go off felt like we were in a wind tunnel it was freezing! The runner next to me commented that she had run a race in February in DC in 30 degrees and this still felt colder even though the weathermen were telling us it was in the upper fifties. Turned out, it was only one side of the lake that was freezing this morning because when we rounded to the sunny side it felt closer to 75 than 50. The runners in tights were giving me the jealous looks I had been giving them when we were waiting to start. I guess everyone and no one dressed right today.

The race was a beautiful, cloudless, lap around the lake that also took over a couple sections of the nearby streets. I finished just sigh of a new PR (and yep, I'm totally blaming it on the headwinds I hit on the last mile) but I was still happy as I crossed the finish line and got right into the que for an old-fashioned glazed doughnut. Totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment