Sunday, September 22, 2013

Celebrating Reading!

While everyone has been trudging back to campuses and replacing their favorite novels with hideous textbooks I have been enjoying the Annual Banned Book Week (and living in complete denial about school starting back up again until my final textbooks actually arrive). This week is designed to remind people of the literature which has fought to stay in schools across the nation and around the world.

For myself it is also a great reminder to stop by my local library and check out something new.

My goal for this week is to read one of the books on the list that records all the previously and currently banned books.

My Pick: A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle



Madeline L'Engle's tale of sibilings Charles Wallace and Meg, along with their friend, Calvin, has been a favorite of mine since picking up the Newberry Medal Winner in my school library back in elementary. Something that would not have been possible had the book still been banned.

My suggestion for this week, go back and read an old favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment