Sunday, October 13, 2013

Restless Legs

The past two weeks I had taken off running. I had traded it in for weight lifting in hopes of strengthening my knee. Unfortunately, the feeling of standing in a gym, squatting countless reps of 120lbs is not the same as getting in an early morning run along the side of the lake. My body was not pleased with my substitution and it showed, I was a serious grouch on what normally would have been training days. So, This past weekend I went back to the trails for a lovely 5 miles through changing leaves and cool autumn air. A much needed change since I've got a couple different races coming up this next week.



I always come home from a run and think, "I could have gone farther" but today I was just happy to run at all. I only taped up my knee, my tendinitis in the other foot is in remission for the time being. This run was exactly what I needed; no pain, no soreness, just running. Getting my body back to the way it should feel. And while I still miss my six-pack, I'm excited about the coming seasons and the possibilities they hold.

Shoes: Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment