Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cardio Tester: Arc Trainer


After discussing our favorite cardio options at work yesterday (mine being running or using the stair master) my co-workers gave me a hard time about never having used the Arc Trainer. I had never seen the need to use it before since I got all I needed from running and stairs but I told them I'd give it a try. 

Turns out, the arc trainer is my new favorite indoor cardio option! It combines the movements of the stair master with the elliptical (a machine I abhore) and gives you the feeling of running uphill in a way that you can't get from simply increasing the incline on a treadmil. 

I bumped the arc trainer up to level 10 and did my best to sprint for 15 minutes as my warmup. According to the machine, not only did I get my heart rate up but I managed to burn 200 calories before I even went a mile! Score! 

After my magical new warmup I set up the circuit below for my workout.


There's not any gymnastics this week becase of Thanksgiving so I won't be able to begin two-a-days until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment