Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Running to Christmas Carols

Some say it's too early for Christmas carols to be playing - Thanksgiving isn't even here yet! But the Ugly Sweater Run left me inspired. Sunday night I went home and pulled together some of my favorite upbeat Christmas song for a new running playlist.

The trouble with creating a playlist can sometimes occur when there are not enough songs of the right speed to compile. My playlist ended up being 34 minutes long. I went out and tested it Monday afternoon and (foolishly) forgot my running watch at home. I was forced to run to the beat of the songs to keep me on pace. Thanks to my Nike+Running app I know I ran at 11:05 for the entire run without fail. This doesn't normally happen to me since I'm typically about a minute or so faster per mile but I was amazed at the consistency I got just from the music alone.



My Christmas Playlist is:

Jingle Bells by Michael Buble (Featuring the Puppini Sisters)

Let It Snow by The Glee Cast

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town by Bruce Springsteen

The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser

Heaven Everywhere by Francesca Battistelli

All I Want For Christmas Is You by The Glee Cast

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee

Who Spiked The Eggnog bu Straight No Chaser

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer by Burt Ives

We Need A Little Christmas by The Glee Cast

The Christmas Can-Can by Straight No Chaser

Deck The Rooftop by The Glee Cast

While I'm not a fan of the actual show, Glee does have a penchant for speeding up some more traditional carols and for that I was extremely grateful. Essentially everything Michael Bublè sings is magic so I was thrilled to have him in this playlist as well. And Straight No Chaser does my favorite non-traditional Christmas songs. There are a couple slower songs on the playlist as well but I love them so much they didn't have the power to slow me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment