Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Seasons Change

With the glorious end to the current football season (love my Seahawks!!) it is time now to turn to my favorite spring sport, golf.

I began playing as a little girl and went on to play for my high school's varsity team. Last summer was the first time I had picked up my clubs since I was 16 but it wasn't long before I fell back in love with the world's most frustrating sport. It's 90% mental and 10% luck but I keep trying. Because the more I practice the luckier I get.

Long gone are the days when I play four hours a day, six days a week, but I do like to get a head start on the season and hit the driving range early on before I head out to the links.

And that's exactly how I started off this week.



Despite temperatures in the low 30s I bundled up and hit a couple buckets at the driving range. Unfortunately I didn't get there early enough to snag one of the stalls with a space heater so I pulled out my extra pair of gloves and grit my teeth against the cold. Dreaming of warmer weather (it's snowing as I write this) I worked my way through my clubs, testing and tweaking my game as I went.

I started out a little surprised at how short my hits were taking the ball, considering the upper body strength training I had been doing since the last time I had picked up my clubs. Until, I noticed the fine print under the yardage sign...


Adding 20% made a huge difference to some of my shots! And knowing I could be hitting that much better when I finally hit the course sure put a smile on my frozen face!


Shoes: ECCO (old, similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment