Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pamper Thyself

Just because I depend on my feet to get me everywhere I want to go doesn't mean I always appreciate them like I should. As a runner and former gymnast it's an understatement to say my feet have taken a beating over the years. The fact that I pride myself on being the only distance runner I know to never lose a toenail says about all you need to know on the subject.



So every once in a blue moon I like to place my feet in the hands of professionals and try to repair some of the damage I've done. I always get comments like "You have such...athletic looking feet" or "What have you done?!" and the occasional "you have the smallest feet I've ever seen!"

All things I expect to hear because as much as I try to ignore the narly state of my feet I know exactly what the veiny, overly-muscley, high-arched things look like. To sum it up, feet are gross. But no less important.

And that is why I propose that for every three months you pound the pavement you remember to give your feet a day off and the chance to be pampered for all their hard work. They've earned it, and so have you!

1 comment:

  1. My feet are majorly battered, which is why I never let anyone touch them - haha. I am going to be starting to get manis, but I really don't think I could ever commit to getting a pedicure... If my feet creep me out, I surely would not want to subject anyone else to that.

    and sidenote? I always envy gymnasts a little bit. It's always been a dream of mine to be able to do a back handspring... however, with two shoulder surgeries it's one of those dreams that will never come to fruition

    ReplyDelete