Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Birthday Miracle

With my birthday on the first of the month I try to stretch my birthday out for as long into the month as I possibly can. Which is exactly halfway through the month when my best friend has her big day. I’ve always tried to mix it up and do something different, for those of you who have been readers for a while you’ll know I did the Disneyland Half Marathon last year. This time I stayed a little closer to home.

I started off by dragging my family up to Whidbey Island, my favorite place in the entire world. Where I went golfing with my dad, hung out at the beach, went for a run, went out to dinner and caught a movie in the idyllic single-screen theater in town. Perfection.


I clearly got my looks from him

For the first time in the roughly fifteen years since he first taught me how to play I finally out drove him. It was the most incredible shock! It was even more surprising when I did it another two times! Sure he beat me on the other 15 holes but to be able to hold my own after not getting to play almost all summer was a thrill! Clearly, it was a birthday miracle, no other way to explain how after all this time and so very little practice I could possible hit as far as him.


Top: Torrey Pines Pro Shop
Skort: Lilly Pulitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment