Saturday, December 21, 2013

Abs Are Made In the Kitchen!

Friday brought snow to Seattle! Not that it lasted long, slightly warmer temps and a little rain washed all the snow away by mid-afternoon but it was still a beautiful sight to see in the early morning!

Sadly I still can't go out running but that hasn't been stopping me from getting my sweat on in the gym! My legs were still sore from Thursday's stretching after work when I met up with my best friend to give our cores a little TLC.

We broke this workout into three sections because of how our gym is laid out, if it works to do all of them as one group then go for it!



For this one you'll want a mat, a bar to do pull ups, inverted crunches, and leg lifts on, as well as the ability to do lat pull downs somewhere. The wall sit doesn't have to be weighted if you don't want it to be and you can do whatever time on the plank you're comfortable with; just remember you're doing it 4 times!

After we parted ways I went home and tried to pump myself full of all the germ-fighting vitamins I could get my hands on in the fridge. I'm ready to be over this sinus infection and strep already! I found a giant bag of mini bell peppers and knew exactly what to do.



I grabbed six and a cutting board as well as extra virgin olive oil, a box of quinoa, and some spinach. In the time it took for the quinoa to cook I had diced all the peppers and was ready to mix it all together. I was pretty excited about this dinner because none of the other people I live with enjoy eating either peppers nor quinoa but since I had the place to myself for the evening it was chef's choice. The food ended up big enough for multiple meals so I pulled out some tupperware to store the extras for the rest of the weekend and mixed together what I needed for a single serving.


The warm quiona with the fresh veggies ended up being exactly what the doctor called for and I gobbled the whole thing up. Looking forward to seeing what other variations I can make from the leftovers this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment