Tuesday, December 3, 2013

HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training

Yesterday's work out was short and sweet since I was trying to get home for Monday Night Football. (Go Seahawks!!) I grabbed a box and a kettlebell (though you could also use a dumbbell) and got right to work with my eye on the clock.

My goal was to work up a sweat in as little time as possible so I took a page out of the HIIT work book. High Intensity Interval Training is designed to get you moving and that it did! My workout is below for all of you and I highly suggest you try it out! I didn't specify any number of rounds this time because that's completely up to you, your fitness levels, and how much time you've got to spare.



I was able to finish three rounds in 15 minutes but would have liked to do maybe five or six rounds if I hadn't been in such a time crunch. It got my heart rate up and I could feel it working, but, like I said, maybe a few more rounds would be even better for next time. Over all this was a great workout and I would absolutely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment